Sunday, June 8, 2008

Sunday Sunday

Well today was my first sunday back from a week long respite with my family in Utah. It was really nice to spend time with them and some good friends of mine. I was able to visit without any homework looming over my head or work work-my first real break since Christmas. (I will have to try to recap the week at a different time) It was so nice and I feel rejuvenated to start anew. I am taking a course over the summer-the second half of an elementary ed. math course. I took the first half of the course last semester and am fixin' to finish the second half this summer. I am excited that I will be able to take the class all by itself to be able to focus all my time on this one course. I felt that is what I was missing last semester-time. I just needed a few more hours in the week to devote to studying. Now I have it!!

Church meetings today were exceptional: the sacrament talks, the relief society lesson. Sunday school I am not so sure of. :) (I taught it this week) I really struggled with this lesson. It discussed the change to the 'reign of the judges', dealing with all the changes in government from a monarchal reign to a republic, theocratic, democracy of judges. There was a great discussion!! The spirit was there strong, giving understanding and enlightenment. I was very humbled to be a part of it. I was reminded again what the Lord can do with us in our weakest state to help Him in His work. I continue to know what to say to people when they compliment me for the lesson as I want to give the credit to its rightful owner. I know that I am nothing but tinkling brass up there speaking without the Spirit to take it to the hearts of those who are prepared to hear. I am getting better in my ability to acknowledge the power of the Spirit, but I still struggle. :) But I know in whom I have trusted.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home