Monday, May 19, 2008

If a child

I received a gift today from a coworker-a book of different thoughts and quotes. It is really nice. It had a thought in it that I reminds me why I teach, that I might be that lifting, building force in a child's life.

If a child
If a child lives with hostility, he learns to fight.
If a child lives with criticism, he learns to condemn.
If a child lives with fear, he learns to be apprehensive.
If a child lives with jealousy, he learns to hate.
If a child lives with self-pity, he learns to be sorry for himself.
If a child lives with encouragement, he learns self-confidence and integrity.
If a child lives with praise, he learns to be appreciative.
If a child lives with acceptance, he learns to love.
If a child lives with approval, he learns to like himself.
If a child lives with fairness, he learns justice.
If a child lives with honesty, he learns what truth is.
If a child lives with friendliness,
he learns that the world is a good place in which to live.
-Anonymous

I heard something similar to this years ago and this reminded me of it. The power you have in how a child grows up-you can build them up or tear him down-all in how we treat them. May we build and not destroy these little lives that Heavenly Father has intrusted us with. I have no children of my own, but I have been blessed with many around me as a teacher, as an aunt, as a friend. I am grateful for such a blessing and for the love I feel for each of them. I know it is a gift from God.

1 Comments:

Blogger Kimberly said...

We've added you to our list of blogs we read. And now you can link to ours from this comment. It was good to see you again!

Monday, June 02, 2008 10:23:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home