Saturday, May 17, 2008

In the strength of the Lord

I am alive!! :) Finals week is over and I am very grateful for that. We all managed to survive finals week here, although I felt I was 'almost dead'. I have been fighting some kind of sickness during this time and haven't been able to really rest and recover BECAUSE of my schedule-so I thought I was going to die. :) In my exhaustion-as maybe some of you might experience-emotions are heightened and EVERYTHING seems insurmountable. I felt that this week. I know satan was aware of that and knew the importance of my final tuesday and tried to play into my exhaustion. But, something I know to be true, satan can have NO power over us IF we don't give it to him. We must not give him any stage time-shut him RIGHT OUT. Another truth I know is that before something good happens, we can sometimes feel an increase in adversity beforehand. Again, because satan is aware of the importance of that event-whatever it may be. He is very aware of those events and people who will be 'disturber's and annoyer's' in his kingdom. He is good at throwing tantrums. :)

So I took my math final on tuesday and received the results on thursday. I passed!! I did better on my final than on any of my other exams. I was afraid to really be excited about it at first sight of the grade as I thought it might be a mistake and maybe I still need to retake the course. (awful attitude, I know) I think I had been praying so hard and thought I had surely not been as prepared for the exam as I would have liked to have been that Heavenly Father can only do so much with such preparation. But, once again, He has taken my meager offerings and has made them far greater than I could EVER do on my own; far greater than I feel I deserve. I can now move on to the second portion of the course that I need to work toward graduation.

This semester has been challenging for me for several reasons, all of which I better understand the promise the Lord makes to us that '...I will make weak things become strong unto them.' If we go to the Lord in our weakness, He will strengthen our weakness to be what it needs to be. How blessed we are to have this knowledge and be able to call on our Heavenly Father for this help, to be strengthened.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home