Tuesday, April 29, 2008

a principle with a promise

The Lord will bless you in your search for obedience. I know this may sound silly, but just hear me out. :) Since this semester has started it has been a struggle in finding parking close to campus. I only live about a couple of miles from the buildings my classes are in on campus, but I didn't feel it was safe to walk all the way home in the dark after class and my bike has been out of commission. So, I opted to park close to the church and walk the rest of the way to campus, which is about a half a mile. I don't have any parking passes this semester nor am I enrolled in an institute class (with my schedule) to get parking at the church or institute lot. I COULD park in those lots illegally and take the chance of getting booted or ticketed, but I don't like dealing like that. I feel there is always a way to be honest in all things. So, I do-and I feel the Lord blesses me every time to find what a spot. (this is where you may think it sounds silly) If you have a desire to do what is right, to be obedient-in this case to the laws of the land-you will be blessed. In this case with the parking, I feel it is on a small scale what the Lord can do for us in great ways. If we have a desire to follow the commandments NO MATTER WHAT, the Lord will bless us-far greater than we could EVER imagine and in ways that we never dreamed of!!
I was thinking about this today as I slid into my parking spot (legal :) ) and silently thanked Heavenly Father for blessing me to find a spot were I could park and keep the laws of the land. Truth is truth no matter what shape it comes in. No matter how small and insignificant it may seem, it is still truth. A principle with a promise.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home