Sunday, April 13, 2008

Guided by the Spirit

I just returned home from an amazing fireside that our stake relief society put together for us. It was a beautiful meeting filled with testimonies born of the Spirit. Each of the sisters, under the direction of our Stake President-President Jenkins, didn't have a topic assign-they prayed for the direction of the Spirit to know what they should share. I feel their prayers were answered. As each sister shared, the messages were all about the same things, confirming that the Lord knows us and knew what we needed to hear tonight. I am so grateful for the Gift of the Spirit and that we can commune with our Heavenly Father to receive direct revelation from Him. Heavenly Father KNEW what we would have to face here in mortality and gave us the light and direction of His Spirit to help us along the way.

Although the meeting was a powerful one filled with the Spirit, I felt a little numb. I have felt that way for the past 8 months, with certain events that have happened in my life that I have left me broken and feeling lost-that have even had me doubting what I KNOW to be true. I know it shall pass, but nevertheless it is disturbing to feel still-like I am still not quite myself. Why am I sharing this you might ask? :) Even though I felt numb, I still know God knows me and is mindful of me-even if I can't feel it as strongly as I have been able to in the past. I am in my own personal crucible, being refined into what I need to be. One of the sisters tonight spoke of trying to understand when different trials come into our lives that we are asked to pass through and we may search for understanding as to why. She said, 'Though we may not understand why, we WILL know someday. We may be asked to go through something even more challenging that we will reflect back on and be able to draw from our past experience to help us get through the current.' I look forward to that day and know God will help me find that understanding as to why things are the way they are-and that the atoning blood of Christ will heal this wound and cause it to be a source of strength for me. Of this I am sure, even if I struggle to feel it completely. God knows me, knows what I need and when I need it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home