Wednesday, April 2, 2008

How Firm a Foundation

I was just listening to President Henry B. Eyring's words again from the General Young Women's Broadcast this past weekend. What a powerful message, giving through the Holy Ghost by a servant of the Lord. It makes me eager to receive the direction we are blessed to hear this weekend for General Conference. I just wanted to close with a quote from President Eyring here from this powerful address and hopefull a working link to the audio of this meeting. If you have not heard the words spoken, I challenge you to take the time to listen to it. (The link is for the entire meeting, President Eyring was the final speaker)

"Because you are valuable, your trials may be severe. NEVER be
discouraged or be afraid. The way through difficulties has ALWAYS been
prepared for you, and you will find it IF you exercise faith. You must
have faith to pray, you must have faith to ponder the word of God. You
must have faith to do those things and go to those places which invite the
Spirit of Christ and the Holy Ghost."

He concluded with a beautiful promise-I encourage you to listen to the talk in it's entirety. Well worth the sacrifice of whatever it may be. http://broadcast.lds.org/genconf/2008/04/60/GYWM_2008_04_60__CompleteGeneralYoungWomen_10027_eng_.mp3

(they don't have the individual talks available yet, just the conference in it's entirety.)

The hymn that was sung in this meeting right before President Eyring's speech was 'How firm a foundation', number 85. I was very moved by this rendition and the words of the final verse (7) that hardly gets sung in our meetings was sang by this beautiful choir of girls. They continue to ring in my ears as I think about them:

‘The soul that on Jesus hath leaned for repose
I will not, I cannot,
desert
to thy foes;
That soul, though all hell should endeavor to
shake,
I’ll
never, no never, I’ll never, no never,
I’ll NEVER, NO
NEVER, NO NEVER
FORSAKE!

May we NEVER forget who we are and why we are here, and keep this promise to our Heavenly Father that no matter what comes to shake our foundation-we will NEVER forsake.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home