Thursday, March 6, 2008

appreciating the sweet

It is now 12:32 AM and I am just getting to bed. I have been hunched over this computer from 5:30 until 8:30 writing a paper, and since then I have been working on math homework. This week has been a crazy struggle that has all come to a distinct contrast today. I haven't writtne here REALLY since last week because I have really been struggling this week. (that seems to be a usual occurance in my life as of late...) This week has been exceptionally difficult as I have felt in the lowest of lows in thoughts, to come back up into the highs today. There are several factors, all of which come back to my losing focus. Losing focus on how these particular experiences could in any way be for my benefit and learning. I know this all sounds kind of vague, but I don't want to dive into deep into my personal life: just know that it all has to do with understanding the Lord's will for me and accepting that whole-heartedly. I have felt this heaviness of heart that I have not been able to shake, not even by the most powerful help of my Heavenly Father through prayer.

I have been struggling for about a month now to slowly piece together this paper, ever since I knew of the assignment and struggled to understand it. Today I experienced something miraculous to me. I better understand the statement in Moses "... they taste the bitter, that they may know to prize the good." Moses 6:55, also Alma 36:21

Opposition can help you appreciate the sweet all the more after you have partaken of the bitter. Tonight was sweet. I had already written up a draft of this paper due tomorrow that I wasn't happy with but I didn't know how to change it. So I decided today that I would sit down and start over, using my first draft to pull resources from if I needed to. I prayed before I began typing, asking the Lord for SPECIFIC assistance in knowing how to piece together the information together and that I would know in what order to put everything. As the inspiration started to flow and my fingers started to type, I offered up another prayer of gratitude and also that He would bless me to be able to type up the inspiration at the same speed it would come to me. My prayers were heard and I was able to piece everything together as it came. This paper is a miracle how it flowed from my mind and fingertips. I don't know that it will bear a high grade according to the requirements of the assignment, but I do know that I it was nothing short of a miracle to me and reminder of how the Lord is ever mindful of me down to my school assignments. One thing I love about truth: it is absolute and constant. You can always count on it: rely on it. God is mindful of me in the fine details, I know that is true for all of us. It can't be the one without the other.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home