Thursday, February 7, 2008

Shark filled water and near heart attacks :)

I realized it has been a week since I last wrote. My work load hasn't grown any large amount really-my time has been filled with different events that have taken my usual writing time. The pendulum of my schedule has swung both ways, and now I hope it will balance out and I can find a routine that works for this semester-AND get some sleep here and there. :)

Today was a great day at work-I LOVE my job!! Have I said that enough yet?! My day is filled with laughter, hugs, songs, dancing, being silly, learning with the best group of kids-hand picked for me, for this time by my loving Heavenly Father. At the first of the year, I had a slightly different group, and because of some alterations that needed to be made so some of the children could be in a special needs class in the morning, we made some switches in the class groups. I didn't think anything of it then, but NOW I KNOW why.

Funny thing today-We had just come back from the gym where we had been running and playing with basketballs. When we come in from any kind of physical activity, we usually lay down on the carpet and catch our breath-doing some deep breathing and listening to some relaxing music. After we had been laying down for a few songs and doing some deep breathing I asked the kids to check how fast their hearts were beating, and how when we exercise our hearts go faster and how we were trying to slow down our hearts now and relax. I asked the class as a whole if their hearts were slowing down and some nodded their heads yes and one of my little girls told me, "Mine stopped." with a face as serious as could be. It was all I could do to not burst out laughing because she looked so serious-she really believed it had.

While we were playing in the gym, part of our time we were playing a game where we had to balance ourselves on the white lines of the basketball court as we pretended that the other parts were waters FILLED with sharks-that if we fell in, we would be eaten up. So, we walked around on the lines, trying not to fall in. After awhile, we had small groups that had formed that were following each other around, sometimes helping each other keep our balance and stay on the path. I was at the front of one such group and I stopped and started to lose my balance and one of my little girls behind me immediately grabbed me by my legs and braced her body against them to steady me. I was amazed! She managed to keep me from falling, this little girl who came up to just below my hips managed to brace me from falling to my death in the shark water. :) I had this thought come into my mind afterwards as we continued to walk the path: you never know who it will be who will save you-it might suprise you.
At times in our life's journey, we may find ourselves struggling and feeling like we are falling-only to be helped by someone. Someone we may not have suspected: maybe because we didn't think they cared or we perceived them to be something different. Whatever the reason: be watching. God may send someone into your life that you never thought to be the answer to your prayers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home