Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Just keep swimming

Well, it is finally the close of a very full day. As I swim in all my responsibilities right now, I wonder if I will make it out alive. I have been reminded of what a poor planner I am and how I need to improve that VERY quickly as I try to juggle a new school semester and end of the month paperwork, parent meetings, meetings, meetings and more meetings, lesson plans. My sanity depends on it.

I also found out this evening I need to be moved out of my room by friday (just to a different room in the same house) for our new roomate to move in. My roomate in the room I will be moving in to tried to leave a week ago, only to be detained by this crazy weather. (Yeah, someone told me that we live in the 'banana belt' of Idaho and that winters here in Boise aren't that bad. I have come to the conclusion that I have been bamboozled! :) It has not stopped snowing for days!!) We have had freeways closed, schools closed: apparently this isn't usual Boise weather although I am having a hard time believing it with the frigid temperatures and mounds of snow. Okay, I am through whining. :) (for the moment...somebody call the wambulance)


Even though in situations like this, where paralysis inevitably grips me with so many things to do I don't even know where to begin: I just keep swimming, as Dori counsels us in Finding Nemo. Dori and Nemo's father find themselves on a journey they weren't expecting to be on together, yet they perservered to the bitter end. Dori would occasionally sing along the way, "Just keep swimming, just keep swimming..." Today that is all I feel I can do.

Even though by my own strength I COULD NOT conquer all of it on my own: I am still able to see the Lord's hand in all of it. I have been kept safe from harm, I have been blessed to work with such a fabulous group of kids who bless my life every day, I have been blessed to find friends here who have been a source of great comfort (priceless), I have a fabulous family who supports me in all I endevour to do. The list goes on and on. There are many more ways that my life has been blessed, but I fear for my poor vision today in focusing on this pile, I might have missed some vital ones. I pray my vision will be clearer tomorrow. :)

1 Comments:

Blogger Lori said...

Hello my sister,
I have been thinking about you and now I know why. I have found when I am overwhelmed, I just do what is right in front of me, then the next thing, and so on. It all eventually gets done and what doesn't probably didn't matter.
I love you, I pray for you daily.
Go Be Amazing!
Lori

Wednesday, January 30, 2008 11:37:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home