Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Kids say the funniest things!

One of my students said something to me yesterday that has continued to make me laugh as I reflect on it again and again. We had just eaten breakfast (in our program we provide breakfast and lunch for the kids) and afterwards we are all responsible to take care of our utensils and plates and to make sure our spot at the table is cleaned up. One of my students (who I will keep anonymous) who was sitting next to me had forgotten to clean up some crumbs and throw away her napkin, so I just reminded her she needed to take care of those things that were left. I showed her how she could sweep up the crumbs into her hand and carry them over to the garbage can, just showing her an easy way she could take care of it. She starts sweeping up the crumbs and she says "Ah! I feel just like Cinderella!" I said "Really? How come?" She said "Because I am always sweeping!" Usually I am able to control myself and not laugh out loud in front of the child and not hurt their feelings as most times they are not trying to do stand up comedy: but I couldn't help myself, and burst out laughing. She just looked at me and smiled: I hadn't shattered her. :) My days are filled with moments like this fill my life with joy. If you have no sense of humor, how do you live?! :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home