Sunday, January 6, 2008

Wow, I realized how many days have passed since I have last written. That is unusual for me to miss days in writing at least something. Alot has been going on since I returned back to Boise, so I will blame it on that. Christmas break was really emotional for me this year, but good. I feel rested and ready to face a new semester and life-whatever lies ahead. I was actually really excited on the plane ride here to be coming back (calling it 'home' doesn't seem to fit quite yet, but as I was our plane was flying into Boise, and I saw the city lights, I started to feel really excited and a smile crept across my face. So, that is saying something :) ) The first time I have felt really sincerely optimistic in awhile, where I didn't feel like I had to talk myself into it. Don't get me wrong, I have felt the Spirit testify to me many times that this is where I am supposed to be-feeling me with hope and assurance that Heavenly Father is ever mindful of me and I have a specific purpose here. In Boise AND in my time here on earth. For that knowledge I am ever grateful. I have been reading this talk by Elder Neal A. Maxwell (of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles, who passed away in July of 2004) titled 'The Inexaustible Gospel" that he gave in 1992. It has been a invaluable reminder of what a precious gift we have, to have the restored gospel of Jesus Christ in our lives-in my life. Everytime I am blessed to catch a glimpse of the emensity and grandure, yet simplicity of God's truths-I am amazed. Asombro me da. There is so much to be felt and understood IF WE but see with our eyes and hear with our ears, not just our physical extremities-but most importantly our spiritual ones.



I will close with a quote from this talk by Elder Maxwell and a few pictures over Christmas break. I was able to get together with some of my dearest friends while I was home.



Elder Maxwell - "Truth includes, but is not limited to, knowledge that corresponds to reality--things as they were, things as they are, and things as they will be. Gospel truth is "morally richer," therefore, than the world's definition of truth, as Terry Warner has written. Jesus is "the way, the truth, and the life". He has "received a fulness of truth". Hence, we are to seek to have "the mind of Christ". Furthermore, as to the "manner" of people we are to become, it is clear we are to strive to become "even as" Jesus is. If we keep the commandments, the promise is that we will receive "truth and light" until we are "glorified in truth and knoweth all things."




Myself with my beautiful friends Christina and Shannon -and baby Keila with the big beautiful blue eyes. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home