Monday, December 31, 2007

Sunday December 30, 2007

Sunday was a great day, full of renewal of covenants and personal revelation. I am here staying with parents still for Christmas Break, for a few more days, so I was able to attend church with them again. I know that God exists, as I see His hand at work in my life. I recieved some direction for my life for some concerns I have had in my heart, that only God could know how to answer. I speedily wrote them down as they came, as I sat in church. Again, a reminder of how my Heavenly Father is mindful of me in all things. In all that is going on in the world with some of my brothers and sisters busy lives, He takes time to hear me. Little me, in this sea of people that exists in the world. He is mindful of ALL of us in that way, we matter that much to Him. I also was reminded how much God loves us, me in particular in this instance, (as I reflect on how He has touched MY life personally and my family's) by my family. I have the greatest family, that is so supportive of my decisions and my happiness, more that I feel I deserve at times. My parents know that I have been going through a lot of changes recently and some heartache where I have been struggling to find peace and understanding, and they have just been bending over backwards to try and make my time here with them full of joy and activities that will lift my spirits. (Holidays always seem to bring those heartaches to the surface more..not sure why) My sister and brother-in-law who live here, who has always been my advocates however hair-raising my ideas have been :), continue to support me and love me NO MATTER WHAT. I could just keep going down the list of family members and how they continue to support and love me. For all of this I am truly grateful and honored - reminded how the Lord is ever mindful of me in ALL things, in every detail of my life. That reminds me of some powerful words from Elder Neal A. Maxwell, who was an apostle, a special witness to the Lord Jesus Christ while he was here on the earth, which I will leave at the end of this entry. How blessed we are, and another reminder of how God is ever mindful of us, to call men here on the earth to be His mouthpieces, to give us direct revelation and guidance for these days! The questions should be changed to say 'Have I NOT seen the hand of God reaching out to me today?', as I struggle to find ways how he has not touched my existance today, everyday.


Elder Maxwell "So it is, amid the vastness of his
creations, God's shaping personalness is felt in the details
of our lives--not only in the details of the galaxies and
molecules but, much more importantly, in the details of
our own lives. Somehow, brothers and sisters, God is
providing these individual tutorials for us while, at the same
time, he is overseeing cosmic funerals and births--as one
earth passes away, so another is born (see Moses 1:38).
It is marvelous that he would attend to us so personally
in the midst of those cosmic duties."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home