Monday, January 7, 2008

Things always work out

Well, it was back to work today after a long break. It was a very refreshing break, preparing me for a new semester and to teach full throttle for the rest of the year. My break was soooo good, I had a fight with my bed this morning-it won....for a few hours anyway. :) After enjoying a break from having to set my alarm for awhile, it was a struggle to do so over the past few days. I had my alarm set for 5 am again this morniing, only to quickly hit the snooze button. That is not unusual for me, but I usually only let it go maybe once or twice if I am really tired. I managed to bury my cellphone (which is my alarm) under my comforter in an attempt to not wake my roomate as I struggled to come alive, only to find myself waking up 2 HOURS later in a panic. I don't have students on Mondays, thank heavens, so I was only putting myself behind schedule in preparing for this week. I also woke up to a snow covered world-Boise doesn't usually get that much snow so it was quite an amazing sight. People drove a little bit more cautious than usual. I didn't get to work until 10 as I like to read my scriptures first thing in the morning. I find everything else falls into place when I do that.
It was a good day, although I felt like my head was in a fog from trying to get back on a my regular sleep schedule. As the day rolled on and more things kept piling up (big events coming up in the near future at work and school is starting soon) and a few other things weighing on my mind-decisions and things-I started to feel a bit overwhelmed, wondering how it would all work out. Mid-ulcer, the thought came into my mind-it will all work out, don't worry. All the worry washed away. I remembered the words of a quote my brother-in-law has posted on his blog from President Hinckley,

"When good men and women face challenges with optimism, things always work out! Despite how difficult circumstances my look at the moment, those who have faith and move forward with a happy spirit will find that things always work out."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home