Sunday, January 6, 2008

I know that the Lord giveth no commandments unto the children of men, save he shall prepare a way for them that they may accomplish the thing...

I hesitate to share some things on here sometimes as it is a new way of communicating my thoughts and feelings that are very personal and sacred to me, but I know it is for a wise purpose as I have felt inspired to do so. I know I already wrote for the day, but I keep feeling I should add another experience I had this morning that reminded me how God is ever mindful of me-of all of us-that He will provide the way for His children if He has commanded us to do something.
I got up this morning, a little groggy, to go and shower and read my scriptures. I walked into the bathroom and felt a flood of nausea wash over me and as I looked in the mirror, I saw that all the color had drained out of my face. I immediately dropped myself to the floor to as I started to feel faint as well. I layed down for awhile as I seemed to feel better being horizontal. As I was laying down, I offered up a prayer, asking God that if it be His will I go to church (as I don't like to miss church-miss the rejuvination of spirit and renewal of covenants with God) that He would prepare the way for me to go. I tried getting up on my feet to see how I felt, and the nausea was gone. I thought for sure I would spend the day praying to the porcelain as I had been exposed to some flu-type symptoms while on break, I just thought it was my turn. I was wrong-the nausea had vanished and I was able to get in the shower and get to church to renew my covenants. Life is full of our different responsibilities and priorities, pulling you in every direction. Obedience to God's laws is my first priority. I know that when we put God first, everything else falls into place. I am grateful for that reminder today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home