Saturday, January 12, 2008

Pleasing unto God

I have started to read the Book of Mormon from the beginning again (along with where I already am in Mormon) to go along with the sunday school lessons. I was reading in 1 Nephi 6 this morning where Nephi explains a little about what he is recording on the plates that we read today. He says "Wherefore, the things which are pleasing unto the world I do not write, but the things which are pleasing unto God and unto those who are not of the world." He prefaces that verse with "For the fulness of my intent is that I may persuade men to come unto the God of Abraham, and the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob, and be saved."


It made me think of the record I keep in my journal and hear on this blog. I echo Nephi's words, that my purpose in keeping record is to help myself and whoever reads it to come closer to Christ, and to remember. Remember what really matters in this life, our objective and purpose. How easy it is to get caught up in the world and forget what matters most. We get so busy we forget why we are here. It matters very little what a man accomplishes in his life-if He has forgotten God-it means nothing.



(just a funny thing that happened today. I was driving to the store this morning and not far from my house on one of the busier roads there, I came upon traffic stopped far from the intersection up ahead. I soon realized they had all stopped for this train of Canadian geese!! It was an amazing sight! It was a very unique moment in time where time seemed to stand still. The geese didn't hurry across, the drivers who were hurrying along only seconds earlier were not honking their horns to get past. I was so enthralled with the situation, I forgot to at least take a picture with my phone. I did find one on the internet, so here it is.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home