Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Love of God

Well, after making a few fatal attempts to write something the past few days and then losing the information when I went to post it, I hope this one works. :) These last few days have been full ones, with work and other activities. We (my assistant teacher and I) had a file review yesterday with one of our supervisors. Basically we go through a few random files of students in our class and she checks if certain information is in them. In working for the government, you are asked to document everything to show them what you have been doing with their money. Which is understandable, but also makes it challenging at times to make sure everything is written down: their are forms for everything, down to a conversation. The government comes next year to do a file review of our whole program, so we are just making sure we are ready WAY in advance, which is good. We shall be prepared!! :) After saying all of this, it may seem that I might have been a little worried about it. I must admit when I was first hired for this job this year, I was worried about my abilities to accomplish all that was asked of me with this job. I was feeling a little doubtful of my abilities and overwhelmed with all the changes and life experiences I had experienced in my move here. Nevertheless, I felt that I was to take the job, so I did. I think that knowledge (that i was supposed to take the job) coupled with the confidence that I had been doing my best to accomplish all that was asked of me in my job: because of that, I knew that this file review, whatever the outcome was. It would be a learning experience. Our supervisor prefaced our review with the very comforting words that even though we have to go through all of this paperwork, what really matters most is what happens in the classroom and told us how pleased she was with what we were doing for the children. To make a long story short, it turned out to be a great experience that helped me put everything in perspective as to why we fill out certain forms and why it's so important to record certain information.

Turns out that the way they have done these reviews in the past has not been as extensive in detail and explanation to the teachers as they did this year. Coincidence? I think not!! :) I am a very visual learner and had they not done this review so hands on as we went through a file completely and were shown what information we needed, I don't think I would have understood what I needed to. As we were sitting in the file review, I had the thought several times that the Lord's hand was in this. Did God inspire the minds of the directors of this programs in the past to change the way they did things to be where they are now? Did God know that I would be making this move at this time in my life. I believe so. I KNOW so. I know that He loves us that much and has a very specific plan for us. I am grateful for the reminder of that yesterday. I know He does the same for all of us every day, it's amazing what we can 'see' when we take the time to look. I echo the words of Nephi: when he was asked if he knew of the condescension of God, he said "I know that he loveth his children; nevertheless, I do not know the meaning of all things." 1 Nephi 11: 17 No matter how confusing life can get, or how chaotic things may be, of this I am sure: God loves me, knows me, and has a specific plan for me. Of that I am sure. I'm grateful for reminders such as these that keep that fresh in my mind, and that God has granted me eyes to see his little wonders.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home