Sunday, January 27, 2008

We thank thee O God for a Prophet

I have recently heard of President Hinckley's passing about an hour ago. I have had a rollercoaster of emotions, but I am still in shock that he is gone. I am most happy for the reunion he had on the other side with all those who love him, including his cute little wife Marjorie who he has been aching to be with since her passing a few years ago. I am sad that I won't be able to hear from him in General Conference as in the past, and am anxious for the changes that will happen in the First Presidency. Although I am filled with all these emotions, I am filled with the reassurance that it is his time-this is the way God intended it to be. President Hinckley finished his course, he kept the faith. He knew why he was here. I know that he was a Prophet called of God. Just as I know this, I know that whomever the Lord calls to be the next President, is exactly who the He is supposed to be there. I know that God is at the helm of this work- leading, guiding and has been (and will continue to prepare) preparing whomever the Lord is calling next. I already know the Spirit will confirm that when he is called. What a blessing it is to know that, to be able to have that assurance.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home