Sunday, March 30, 2008

I just returned home from very uplifting meetings of church. I was uplifted and reminded of what really matters and why things are as they are. Let me explain...I met a man today named Daniel. He is from mainland China, from a town right in the very heart of the country. He has come here to work for a few months and has found the gospel in the process-which I feel that was the REAL reason he was brought here as the gospel doors have not YET opened in the more part of that country. I was just discussing with a friend last night about the state of the country there now and how glorious it will be when the doors fly open to the spreading of the gospel to those in the furthermost parts of China and other parts of Asia (also Russia). I know the Lord is preparing my brothers and sisters there now, that the work is rolling forward.

Daniel will be baptized this coming Sunday, April 6-General Conference weekend. He will only be here a short while before he heads to Israel and then back to China. He is right in the center of the country where the church is not officially established, so I worry for him and what he will encounter there so new in the gospel. I pray Heavenly Father will watch over him and help him to remain strong and true to the faith. He is so enthusiastic about the gospel and excited to learn. He was sitting in church on the edge of his seat during sacrament meeting-hanging on every word spoken. He said we speak too fast. J

How I was reminded of why things are the way they are has to do with something that a sister shared in Relief Society today. She bore her testimony and an experience she had rang true to me and shed some light as to why I had been feeling the way I had lately. I know that sounds very vague, but to keep what I hold sacred-sacred-I must be so. It had to do with life experiences and how they help to prepare you to become what you need to become-to have empathy and become more like Heavenly Father. It all helped me to realize why certain things had been happening in my life and that it IS for my good.

It has been a full day that I will write more about at a later date. I am off to bed so I can get SOME sleep before I have to start a crazy full day tomorrow.

2 Comments:

Blogger macdaddy said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

Tuesday, April 01, 2008 4:00:00 PM  
Blogger macdaddy said...

Lynette:

I appreciated your thoughts about keeping sacred things sacred. It reminded me of something that President Marion G. Romney once said (as quoted in Boyd K. Packer's biography, A Watchman on the Tower:

"I do not tell all I know; otherwise the Lord could not trust me."

The first comment I posted had some spelling errors, but it wouldn't let me edit it, so that's why I deleted it and reposted.

Have a great day!

Tuesday, April 01, 2008 4:03:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home