Sunday, April 6, 2008

The ninety and nine

What an amazing weekend this has been. I feel as Elder D. Todd Christofferson put it today in having difficulty in finding the words to express what I feel, felt in the heart. It said much more eloquently than that, but the message is the same. Wanting to post my thoughts on Conference but feeling overwhelmed that whatever I posted would be inadequate to what I felt, I have been waiting. This is my feeble attempt.

I have felt over the course of conference, as I listened to the different speakers, an overwhelming feeling of honor-honored that my Heavenly Father has given me such a blessing of growing up knowing the truth and to be able to sit at His feet this weekend and hear His word through His servants. I was moved beyond expression to be a part of the solemn assembly Saturday morning: to stand and give my sustaining vote for these men that I KNOW God has called. I had already accepted President Monson as the new Prophet because of my faith the Priesthood and in the order and affairs of the church-how God has organized the church-but I received a greater witness this weekend of President Monson's calling and that he is who the Lord has chosen at this time to guide us. I also, as Elder Holland discussed, witness the mantel come upon him-the change that has come over him as the Lord's mouthpiece on the earth at this time. I was reminded how President Monson does watch out for the one, just as is written in the Bible:

4 What man of you, having an hundred sheep, if he lose one of them, doth not leave the ninety and nine
the wilderness, and go after that which
is
lost, until he find it?
5 And when he hath found it,
he layeth it on his shoulders,
rejoicing.
6 And when he cometh home, he calleth together his friends and neighbours, saying unto them, Rejoice with me; for I have found my sheep which was lost. (Luke 15:4-6)

http://www.evergreeninternational.org/OlsenLost&Found200.jpg (I didn't have access to get a copy of this print onto the blog, so here is the link)

I had the thought a few times throughout conference of how overwhelmed President Monson must feel at the size of us: as he is such a caring person and focuses on each of us as individuals, how overwhelmed he must feel at all 13, 193, 999 of us-wanting to sit down and visit with us individually.

You know, I just realized something. Even though I didn't sit down with him one on one today: I have felt of his love, overwhelmingly so, as IF I WAS SITTING DOWN WITH HIM FACE TO FACE and I know that he is concerned for my well being. Just as I know my Heavenly Father is.

I will have to write more about my feelings on each of the talks as I re-read them and share their words as I continue to reflect on them daily. I know that this is God's work and I am forever endebted to my Father in Heaven for allowing me to be a part of it.

2 Comments:

Blogger macdaddy said...

Lynette:

Thank you for your thoughts on conference as well. I got the photos from http://deseretnews.com/article/1,5143,695267789,00.html

They always have a photo gallery from Conference.

I would say the same thing about you: You are a great example of what a woman of God should be. Thank you for being an "elect lady" (2 John 1:1, D&C 25:3).

Wednesday, April 09, 2008 4:33:00 AM  
Blogger macdaddy said...

The full URL got cut off. It should have .html at the end.

Wednesday, April 09, 2008 4:35:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home