Monday, April 7, 2008

I will go and do

Well, another day has flown by and I am not quite sure what happened-it has been a most interesting day to say the least. :) 'Interesting' might lead one to believe that it would increase the difficulty in being able to see how the Lord has blessed me, but it hasn't. It has only spiced it up!! Alot has happened today, but I will share the most recent occurance. I had my car in the shop and was unable to pick it up before the shop closed, so one of the guys at the shop and I worked out a plan how I could pick my car up later this evening. I had him lock the key in the car and I would just use one of the spares I had at home. I had a feeling when I said that, that I shouldn't do it-but I did it, thinking it was the safe thing to do. I arranged for my roomate to take me to the shop after Family Home Evening, with my spare keys in hand ready to go. We got up there and my roomate dropped me off. As she was getting back on the main street from the shop, I was trying my keys. NEITHER of them worked. I kept turning them, flipping them, thinking they just must be upside down or something. I tried every lock possible on the car-even the trunk, thinking if worse comes to worse, I could climb through to the inside of the car. I felt awful-I felt earlier NOT to have him lock it in, but did it anyway-thinking I knew better than Heavenly Father. How foolish I was. One thing I realized is how merciful God is-no matter how many times we mess up and fall short, is there to help us out-help us learn from our mistakes and get where we need to be-in every sense of the word.
So, after trying the keys and being unsuccessful-we went back home and grabbed the other spare I had at the house. I wondered if I had left all the spares in Utah, but I remembered standing at the key rack at my parents house gathering up spares before I made my move here to Boise 8 mnths ago. I also compared the spares I had already tried on the car with the one that I grabbed at the house and they were identical: leading to the impending doom that I had ZERO keys that would help me in this situation. I had been praying and started calling locksmiths in the area to find out what they charged and find out if they would even open my car, seeing as how it was sitting in the parking lot of a auto repair shop in the middle of the night. A bit suspicious to say the least. :) As we were getting ready to venture out again with the doomed key, Trina had a spark of inspiration: she remember a guy in our ward and thought he was a locksmith, but couldn't remember what he did for work. So, she called his roomate and eventually talked to him and found out he was one!! He dropped what he was doing and came to help us, it was so amazing!! I am so grateful Trina was listening to the Spirit to remember that fact. He came and helped us unlock the car (my other two roomates: Katie and Erica, joined us on the adventure back. We all stopped and got something to eat on the way home as part of the adventure. :) ) I was so grateful for his skill and his willingness to go and do what needed to be done. I was reading earlier today in the Church News about President Monson and his experiences in his life, including those of when he had promptings to go and visit someone or go and do something-whatever form the inspiration came.

He said "I don't know what prompts others, but I know what prompts me. When I get a feeling that I need to be somewhere and be doing something, whether it sounds plausible to me or not, I GO. And I find that the thought came because the Lord kenew that He didnt' need to give Brother Monson a lot of advance notice. It makes me feel so good inside to think that I would get the call, or the inspiration, that the Lord knows who I am and that He knows that I will go."

Our friend who came to the rescue may have not felt that prompting to come and help in the form of the still small voice, but he heeded the call when it came-when someone was in need. And for that, I know the Lord is pleased. I am forever grateful for His kindness and willingness to go and do, even when he could have been doing other things.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home