Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Time Flies

Wow! It is Wednesday and I haven't written a THING!! I attempted a few days in a row, but wasn't able to write all I wanted to in the time I had. So, I will briefly re-cap my weekend and what has happened until now.

So Saturday I went to make 72-hour kits in the student union building with my roomate Katie. We ended up making 13 of them and we looked hilarious as we walked out of the building weighed down with backpacks on our backs, fronts and 3 or so on each arm. One guy saw us and just stared at us with his eyes wide open. I was waiting for his jaw to drop.

I then went to meet my friend Julie who was in town from Pullman, WA where she is going to grad school. We went to the open market (similar to a farmer's market) here in Boise, stopped and got something to eat at a local cafe then headed home. I needed to write a paper and Julie wasn't going to meet another friend of hers that lives here until later, so she came back with me to do homework until her she met up with her friend. We ended up talking alot and didn't get much of my paper accomplished. :)

Sunday I had a great day at church and received direction in my life and was reminded how much my Heavenly Father loves me. It was my turn to teach sunday school and I feel like I was able to share what I felt directed to teach. I am always humbled at the opportunity to be able to be an instrument: to let the Spirit work through me to know what the Lord's will is for that situation. I find it challenging to know what to say when people thank me for the lesson, as I don't want to boast of my own ability, as I know that I am nothing on my own and every word I was directed to say was a gift and expression of the love Heavenly Father has for them. So, I say thank you and try to comment how blessed we are to have the Holy Ghost to guide us and help us understand ALL things. (what they felt was the Spirit that helped them to understand what they did-not me) I haven't quite figured out what the best response is that adequately recognizes who is responsible for what they feel, but I am working on it. :)

After church, I read Elder Eyring't talk from the Young Women's broadcast and took a nap. I talked to my brother and called a friend for his birthday. I also had my first cello lesson!! Another roomate is an accomplished cellist and she taught me how to play 'Twinkle twinkle little star' on her cello. I was in heaven-I had the opportunity to play my favorite instrument. It makes me want to take lessons, although cellos are super expensive. (I found out you can rent them as well.) I had big plans to go to bed early so I could get up early Monday and study for school in the morning (since I don't study on sundays), but I ended up talking to my friend later and ended up in bed later. I still was able to get up early and do a little studying and work on my lesson plans for work, so that was good. It was a productive morning.

Monday after work I had big plans to sit down and work on my paper (that was due yesterday), finish it up and fine tune it to turn in the next day. I got home and was relaxing a little bit before I started working on my paper. I wasn't going to go to Family Home Evening so I could just focus on my paper, but my newest roomate finally wanted to go, so I went for a little bit and introduced her to the ward. She hasn't been to our ward as she has been at other wards or working. So, it was good. I ended up staying up until 2 am after that trying to finish. I had a few things to fix, so I went to bed so I would get SOME sleep before my alarm went off. I was suprisingly awake until 2, which I know was a blessing from my Heavenly Father since I usually struggle to stay alert until after 10-even though I had pushed it to the last minute. :) I got up (TUESDAY) and went to work, came home and finished up my paper and went off to school to work on some math homework before class. Again, I was suprisingly awake throughout the evening as I attended my classes. I thought it would be my worst nightmare if we turned in our papers and made us sit and watch a video-that I would for sure fall asleep then!! That was EXACTLY what he did! I laughed to myself and thought for sure I would be asleep, but I didn't. I stayed awake and alert. That was a real blessing I know was a power beyond my own.
I worked today and had a fun morning making caterpillars and cocoons for our art show next week, in correlation with our learning about them in our class.

That is what has been going on these past few days. I only wish I would have had the time to write it out each day to give it more than just a run down. We shall see what tomorrow brings. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home