Tuesday, April 15, 2008

A Good Day

Today has been such a busy day again, I am trying to collect my thoughts to write them down. I had the day off today from work, which is rare occasion. I have 2 personal days and I hadn't used them yet. We were scheduled to have a day of training, and I don't like missing ANY time with my kids, so after talking with my supervisor and she recommended I do it today. So I did. I got up early as usual since I wanted to make best use of my extra time. I worked on my lesson for Sunday, I did homework and I was able to help a friend finish up her taxes since today is the big scary deadline of April 15th!! That was nice to be able to help her. We always say we want to sincerely help people with something that they truly need, even make it a matter of prayer, and today that was answered. This friend has been a great source of consolation and comfort, it was nice to be able to do something small for her in return. (Thanks to all the years of assistance from Hank and his patience in helping me with my taxes-this year I was able to help someone else.) I did some math homework and made waffles. :) It was very nice. I even got a little power nap in today. Today was a really good day, actually. I feel strengthened and I KNOW it is because of the prayers of my family that I feel this extra strength and peace that only God could bestow. I have been focusing my study on Enos this week in preparation for the sunday school lesson and my understanding has deepened of prayer and the powerful words Enos uses in describing his 'wrestle' he had before God, the wrestles we have at times before the Lord as we struggle in our humanity to become more like Him. I know He hears my prayers and those of my family who are watching out for me. I am very grateful to have such a supportive family-I would be nothing without their examples and their support.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home