Friday, April 25, 2008

Friday

Well, it is 11:30 pm and here I sit. I am swimming in paperwork from work as we had a deadline today that I don't feel ready for. I am trying to organize everything so it will be ready for monday. We have a series of checkpoints throughout the year that we have to have anectdotal notes for each child (about 8-10 each) for each area of development we focus on; and the final cut-off date is today. No more for until the end of the year are REQUIRED, but they would still like for us to do them. This is an area I have been lacking, it is difficult to be there interacting with the children AND to be able to write notes on each of the children, in each of the areas needed.


It is my roomate's birthday today and I made her cake for her. It was fun to do. She loves frogs, so I made one that suit her fancy. She loved it.
We went out to dinner for Trina's (my roomate's) birthday. We went to this restaurant 'Andrades' as she was in the mood for Mexican food. It was really good. I have seen this place as I drive to work each day and have wondered about the food. It was very authentic. I had Chicken Mole that tasted just like I had eaten on my mission. I kept sharing stories from my mission, I think the girls were tired of it by the end of the meal. We practiced our spanish with our waiter and the owner of the restaurant came and spoke with us. They were both very nice.
We came home and sang happy birthday and lit 25 candles. AFter Trina blew out her candles, we had to open some windows as we feared our super safe smoke alarm would sound if we didn't from all the smoke from the candles. :)
It was a good day and am fighting to keep my eyes open any longer. It is now 12:30 a.m. and I am on my way to bed. Tomorrow is a busy day and will need all the strength I can muster to accomplish everything.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home