Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Needless to say...

It has been a long time since I have posted anything. Needless to say it has been busy and emotional time. I went home for Thanksgiving, went back the next week for my grandmother's unexpected funeral, prepared for finals and finished off winter semester, etc. I have stopped intermitantly on the rollercoaster of life to take a breath and continue forward. I was grateful I was granted extra time with my grandma over thanksgiving break to lift and laugh, I am grateful for professors who granted me great mercy in a time I felt I was drowning, I am grateful to family and friends that went to great lengths to assure I found comfort.

Through all of these events that each brought different joys and painful heartache, I have been consistently reminded that God knows me and knows of my tailor-made trials I was to pass through. He knew exactly what strength I needed, when I needed it to carry forward. He knew who to send to me to help lift me along the way. He knew, He knows and I know He will continue to show me IF I am not to blind to see. I think it is easy and natural to fall into a self-inflicted blindness sometimes in situations, that can bring bitterness and deeper sorrow if we are not careful.

I was talking to a friend about difficult times and he said something to the effect that the time to build the ark is not during the storm. How true. The time to prepare yourself for difficult times is not in the midst of it. It is a lifetime of filling your lamp so you can see in the darkness. I'm grateful I was granted vision where I lacked, to see beyond what was right in front of me. I in no way take credit for such vision or strength, but am full aware that I was carried and blessed to do so by my Heavenly Father. This love was manifest through God himself through the Spirit and others around me. I am grateful to those who were messengers of peace for me. I will always remember that.

God has our eternal perspective in mind. We just need to remember that and cling to Him and His vision and understanding.

A few great quotes to add to your collection:

"Be grateful for what you have, stay happy, have fun whileyou can, laugh a lot, accept and love everyone. Don't discriminate against anyone." -Esther Burt

“Day by day, minute by minute, second by second we went from where we were to where we are now. The lives of all of us, of course, go through similar alterations and changes…Time never stands still; it must steadily march on, and with the marching come the changes.
This is our one and only chance at mortal life-here and now. The longer we live, the greater is our realization that it is brief. Opportunities come, and then they are gone….
I plead with you not to let those most important things pass you by as you plan for that illusive and nonexistent future when you will have time to do what you want to do. Instead, find joy in the journey-now.” -President Thomas S. Monson

"...every life has its peaks and shadows and times when it seems that the birds don’t sing and bells don’t ring. Yet in spite of discouragement and adversity, those who are happiest seem to have a way of learning from difficult times, becoming stronger, wiser, and happier as a result…the Lord in His wisdom does not shield anyone from grief or sadness.” He continues “If we approach adversities wisely, our hardest times can be times of greatest growth, which in turn can lead toward times of greatest happiness. Come what may, and love it.” -Elder Joseph B. Wirthlin

"Whenever you are sad, just go to your jiggily place." (a mixture of words and inspiration from Kaleb and Aaron :)) (ask me for further explanation, if you dare. :))

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home