Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Proposition 8

I was reading the Church News and an article they had about a special broadcast they had concerning Proposition 8 in California. There was a special broadcast concerning the upcoming vote in a few weeks and counsel to members concering the matter. In this article, it listed a website from the church
http://www.preservingmarriage.org/index.html
with videos and other information concerning the institution of marriage and how to protect it. I have been reading up on the ammendment and all its implications. This is one of those defining moments in our lives where we are asked to take a stand or fall in with the crowd. Read up and let me know what you think. You can post your comments right on here.

2 Comments:

Blogger Elizabeth said...

It's hard to know exactly where everything will go with this issue of preserving traditional marriage, but I am committed to supporting it. I've been asked by a prophet of God to do so. No matter what happens, I want to be found on His side and the side of his chosen servants. That may mean my life could become very difficult in the future. But isn't Eternal Life worth everything in this life and more?

Thanks Lynette for giving me a place to give voice to this commitment. It's so wonderful to be your friend!

Wednesday, November 05, 2008 6:46:00 PM  
Blogger Lynette said...

Thanks for your thoughts, Elizabeth. I have really been thinking alot about what all these events mean that have transpired recently and how distinct that dividing line is becoming. I stand right there with you. :)

If you ever want to post anything on here, let me know! I have thought many times about inviting a few others to be administrators so they can share there thoughts and experiences. Let me know if you do!

:)

Wednesday, November 05, 2008 11:24:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home