Tuesday, October 14, 2008

A sick professor

Do you ever have those moments where you KNOW that you have been given extension of life?! :) Okay-I wasn't physically DYING or anything, but had that feeling today that I had been on my death bed and been granted another day of life. Tuesdays are my busiest days as I am out the door by 7:15 am and don't return home usually until around 9 pm between work and classes. I was up until 1:30 lastnight and as I was lying in bed, I was contemplating what I could skip today so I could keep my sanity. :) Well, as you very well guessed, NOTHING was what I came up with. I have a hard time ever justifying missing anything - work or school- unless I am dying. (or last week, I missed a lecture class to finish a project and paper-i was riddle with guilt the ENTIRE night!!) I have a heavy load again this week and was feeling that today, wondering how I was going to get everything accomplished-including for my 3 hour class tonight!! So I started out my scheduled day as planned: teach spanish, work at bookstore, psychology class. After psychology, I headed over to my history class in the building next door. Our professor is usually there 5 or so minutes early to class and wasn't there today a few minutes after class was supposed to start. She told us if that ever happened to call her. Come to find out she is sick and the history department hadn't gotten over to the building to post a note for us that class was canceled. I normally would NEVER rejoice in someone's illness, but it was a blessed announcement! My friend Ally who was sitting next to me-together we breathed a sigh of relief, as we were both feeling the weight of our loads this week and were grateful for a few extra hours!

I knew in that moment that it was a blessing from a loving Heavenly Father, disguised as a sick professor. I am learning how the Lord works, and this is a prime example. I was blessed with a little extra time to come home and better prepare for an assignment that is due for my class tonight and do a little bit more research for a GINORMOUS paper I have to write for that same class. AND I was able to write a little bit here and to remember that God is ever mindful of us in all the details of our lives-down to the very seconds of our existence.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home