Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Grateful

Do you ever have those days were you cannot deny that God exists and that He is mindful of you? I had one of those today. It wasn't one specific thing-but a million tiny little things-all testifying that He knows me personally and knows my heart. He knows that I needed to be reminded. I had several phone calls and messages from family and friends calling to tell me they loved me or just making sure I was okay. They had no idea of anything that was going on in my life-but God did and knew how much that would mean to me and that it would remind me that He knows me. It also reminds me how God works-through us. We ARE His hands here in mortality-if we don't act on those feelings, someone may be denied the reminder that God knows them and is aware of their needs. That reminds me of an account I heard years ago about a statue over in Europe of Jesus Christ.

Following World War II some German students volunteered to help rebuild a cathedral in England, one that had been badly damaged by the Luftwaffe bombings. As the work progressed, they weren't sure how to best restore a large statue of Jesus with arms outstretched and bearing the familiar inscription, "Come unto me."

They were able to repair all the damage to the statue except for Christ's hands which had been completely destroyed. Should they even attempt to rebuild these?

Finally, the workers reached a decision that still stands today. They decided to leave the hands off and changed the inscription to read: "Christ has no hands but ours."


(This isn't the same statue, this one is actually in Africa. But the same message)


Several different things happened today along with the phone calls that reminded me of my Heavenly Father's love for me. I am grateful beyond words for that.

2 Comments:

Blogger Linda said...

Hi Lynette, Thank you for always being in the grateful mode. I love you and an so happy to be your Mother.
Love you forever, Mom

Thursday, September 11, 2008 8:54:00 AM  
Blogger LStevens said...

Lynette,
Hope all is well. I didn't call but you were on my mind yesterday, does that count? I love you and pray for you always. Thanks for being my sista!! Ich Liebe Dich!!

Thursday, September 11, 2008 12:24:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home