Sunday, August 31, 2008

Just keep spinning and a visit to the temple

Today has been a nice relaxing day. Ahh...... I thought about going somewhere for the weekend-taking advantage of having a four day weekend-but I opted to be able to take it easy at home. It has been really nice. Especially after the first of this week!! Yikes! I decided to attend my spin cycle class I hadn't been to since april.
I had been riding my bike outside on the greenbelt trail (a trail here that runs along the Boise river)
for the summer. It was nice to be back in this class as it tends to challenge me more than the trails I have been on here. There are not many climbs like I am used to in Utah-so today was nice to be pushed. I came home and made waffles and cleaned the house. I then took a nice long shower and a nap. Does it GET any better than that?! :)

After my nap I was able to attend the temple. I have felt a renewed sense of appreciation for the temple and what a blessing it is as of late. I have tried to go more often. It was nice to go and not to be in any hurry-but to savor the experience. It was very rejuvenating.

I even went and got a frosty from Wendy's afterward (I know-shocking) and had a nice drive home down the back roads. (Dont worry-I didn't eat it like this. :) I was excited to eat it though....)

There was the BSU football game tonight and wondered if I would run into any traffic from it-but I was heading the other direction and missed it all COMPLETELY. Another bonus.

I am not getting ready to go to bed, but I wanted to write a little something before I did so.

I am excited for tomorrow and the spiritual nourishment that will come in attending church and to be able to renew my baptismal covenants through the sacrament.

I have a few friends who are struggling with the lack of perfect people at church. They are both converts and they hold high standards (as well they should) as to those who have the restored gospel in their lives-that they should behave accordingly. As we all know, that is not always the case. The gospel is for the imperfect and as someone once said (it has escaped my mind who at the moment) that Christ had a perfect church before He let us in it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home