Sunday, August 3, 2008

BEAR WITNESS

I received a very special gift recently from a friend that I have been given permission to share with whomever I feel. I decided what better place to do so than here on this blog, that all of you might have the opportunity to view it as well.

My friend, Joaquin, has created a video of his testimony of Jesus Christ and his feelings in being a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. The video is both in English and Spanish. I will post below what he wrote concerning the video as I feel it expresses his feelings perfectly of what you are about to view.

I hope you take the time to view this clip. I know that the truths that Joaquin shares in this video are true and if you have never heard them before-or maybe you have forgotten how precious they are-listen now-they will bless your life far greater than you ever dreamed possible.


(IN ENGLISH)

http://youtube.com/watch?v=WQCO76kae3E

(Joaquin's words concerning the video clip)

"I am sharing with you what I consider the most precious treasure in my life. I have recorded a home video and uploaded to the Internet, so others who may be looking for that same priceless treasure (as I did) may benefit of what I am so fortunate to have.

I did this following the advice of a good and inspired person (Elder Ballard, a living apostle of Jesus Christ), even though I had feelings about doing this long time ago. Now is done J! You may or may not be a member of my faith, the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. This does not matter. I consider you my brother or sister, a precious friend. But if you are LDS, I encourage you to do the same I have done (if you have not done it yet). Raise your voice and let others know (even through the Interenet) who "mormons" (or members of the true and living Church of the living Christ) really are. I do this because I feel sorrow (and won´t be silent) when a few people, full of ignorance or with wrong intentions, fearful and contentious attempt to wrongly define and tell in the internet who we are."


(EN ESPANOL)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IcechFZJswY


"Quiero compartir contigo lo que yo considero el tesoro más preciado de mi vida. He grabado un video casero (en español y en inglés) que ahora está en internet para que las personas que quieran saber sobre verdades fundamentales (las cuales yo busqué por muchos años), puedan tener acceso a respuestas verdaderas y a las bendiciones de las que yo soy tan afortunado de disfrutar.

Decidí grabar este video siguiendo el consejo de una persona muy buena y muy inspirada (el Elder Ballard, un apostol viviente de Jesucristo), sin embargo, ya hacía mucho tiempo que yo sentía en mi corazón que debía hacer esto. ¡Ahora está hecho J y mi conciencia tranquila! Puede que tu seas o no miembro de la iglesia a la que yo pertenezco, La Iglesia de Jesucristo de los Santos de los Últimos Días. No importa. Te considero mi hermano/a, amigo/a. Te aprecio y te quiero igual, sin importar las diferencias en nuestras creencias. Si no eres miembro, te invito a contemplar, meditar y orar sobre el contenido del video. Si así lo haces enriquecerás tu vida de una manera que nunca podrías imaginar. Y si eres miembro (Santo de los Últimos Días), te animo a hacer lo mismo que yo (si no lo has hecho ya): a compartir también en internet lo que tu sabes que es verdad. Hazte oir y que otros que no saben sobre nosotros sepan quienes son realmente los "mormones" (miembros de la Iglesia viviente y verdadera del Cristo viviente) y el tesoro que tenemos y debemos compartir con el mundo. Hago esto, en parte, porque me entristece y no puedo guardar silencio cuando algunas personas llenas de ignoracia o con males intenciones, prejuicios y temores utilizan internet para definir o decir muy equivocadamente quien somos y en qué creemos."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home