Monday, July 28, 2008

Happy Birthday, Ms. Potter

I wanted to post something in celebration of today. It is the birthday of the world renouned children's book author, Beatrix Potter. (She would be 143 today. She passed away at 77 years of age.) She is most famous for the Tale of Peter Rabbit, although I have found many of her other stories to be just as endearing.

It is a story I have always loved-even now as an adult I enjoy reading it. Another one of my favorites of hers is is the story of Miss Jemima Puddleduck.
It is this sad tale of a duck who goes in search of a place to lay her eggs only to be fall pray to a very sly wolf with a hearty appetite.

I think I am drawn to this story because it reminds me of our human-ness and how we fall short and fall pray to those 'sly wolves' in our lives, and Ms. Potter managed to capture that in her story-telling. A talent I hope to master in my writing as well, as I attempt to write a children's book in the future.

Anyway-Happy Birthday Ms. Potter.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home