Monday, July 28, 2008

The promise

Is it possible to be able to 'see' how the Lord is blessing you so clearly, it's almost dumfounding? I had that experience today in class.

I feel very strongly as part of my observance of the Sabbath day and keeping it holy (Exodus 20:8-11), I don't do any studying for school. I do all that I need to the days before and get up earlier on Monday morning if I need to-to finish up anything that might be missing for the days assignment. I have been able to see how the Lord has helped me in many different ways from observing this, today was especially so. I think it was from keeping the commandments in general, as well leaving my studies to rest as well on Sunday.
So I got to class after a pretty rest-less nights sleep, thinking I would be in class just in body, nothing else. As we were learning the concepts and going over the homework for the weekend, I felt I was being blessed with a quickening of the mind and understanding of the concepts. Another thing I noticed is that one of the girls who is usually the one that is helping all of us understand concepts was really struggling today with alertness and being able to accomplish her work correctly. I felt I really understood all the concepts I needed to for the day and was able to help the girl sitting next to me with some problems. I packed up my things, ready to leave. It didn't all come together until after class how the Lord had blessed me so abundantly for being obedient in every way I could.

I was talking to some of the girls afterwards about getting together for a study group and the subject came up about how some girls were ready to cry (stressed about class), some were feeling overwhelmed and the one girl that is usually the rock we can all depend on could barely keep herself awake.
The thought occured to me afterwards as I listened to how they had been studying on sunday for today and they had worked yesterday-it was very apparent that in a subject I usually struggle with, I was blessed to have the mental capacity to understand the concepts as fast as they were coming at me and even though I hadn't had a very good nights sleep, I felt I was mentally alert-able to do my own work and help others.
Again, I do not say any of this to boast of myself-but only to recognize HOW the Lord can bless us, his children IF we but do our part.
What do you think? Do you agree with what I said, or do you have other opinions on how things transpired?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home