Thursday, July 10, 2008

Lesson learned

I just got home from about THE worst movie I have seen in a long time. I am usually pretty good about judging movies and there content-but tonight I failed miserably.

My roomates and I went to see a movie at the dollar theatre and I just about got up and walked out it was so offensive. I am actually disgusted with myself that I didn't, as it was REALLY bad. I had my eyes closed and ears plugged through several scenes. It was 'MADE OF HONOR'. I DON'T recommend it to anyone. It had the potential of a really cute story, to bad they had to ruin it the way they did. It is a PG-13 and I think it should have been rated R: really crude humor.

I am really picky about what I watch and I hadn't remembered reading anything about it being terribly offensive, so I thought it would be a good pick for a night out with the girls. I usually don't go see PG-13's and now I remember why, especially with how the standards have been lowered in the rating system here in the U.S and in societies all over the world. I have been awakened to these realities and have been reminded I have to be more careful. This may all sound a bit dramatic, but I feel physically ill from the experience and don't want it to happen again. Some of you may have seen this movie, and may have thought there is nothing wrong with it. I just think about how desensitized we have become from our exposure through the media to all that is vile and offensive to God and how we don't even realize how numb we have become. No amount of entertainment-no matter how much you pay for it-is worth the loss of the Spirit.

There is good entertainment out there, you just have to search for it. Things that will allow you to feel at peace: peace of conscience and mind that are of no offense to God and fill you with hope. This was not one of them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home