Sunday, July 27, 2008

Ever mindful

I just finished a pile of homework I had for the weekend-it was a pile! This next week is the last week of the class (4 more days) and it is down to the wire as we try to cram the rest of the information we need. I have had a crazy busy past few days and haven't been able to dedicate as much time as I would have liked to the homework assigned and was paying the price today. Do you ever have those days were the stark realization of what you need to accomplish in a short time is looming over your head? Today was one of those days. I could have managed my time better-you live and learn... I spend a good chunk of my day today working on a good portion of the assignments and then had to stop for a prior commitment I had with my cousin-knowing that I needed to finish the assignment afterwards since it was due 7:30 Monday morning-and I had decided long ago not to study on Sundays. So about 10 pm I started up again with my homework, thinking FOR SURE I would fall asleep on my books and wake up in the night with math equations smeared across my face in pencil lead. I am proud to say that I just finished the last problem of the homework. I also know that I didn't do it on my own. I know that because of the Atonement of Jesus Christ-the enabling power of the Spirit-I was blessed to be able to finish those probIems. Anyone who knows me, knows how alert I am late at night (I do much better in the early morning hours). I know that I was blessed to be able to finish those problems- I think in part because of my desire to keep the commandments (Doctrine & Covenants 82:10) and because of the Love of my Heavenly Father who is in the very details of my life. (Neal A Maxwell, Encircled in the Arms of His Love, Nov 2002 Liahona)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home