Sunday, August 24, 2008

Crazy schedule and Temple Dedication

I have a few posts I started but haven't had the time or the energy to finish as of late. I wanted to make sure I posted SOMETHING before school starts tomorrow. My schedule has been picking up in busy-ness gradually, for which I am grateful. I have been going through a training period at work and I have been working part-time and LOVING it! I love that I get to interact with such a variety of people every day and help them get ready for the upcoming semester. I even have my wardrobe picked out for me this week!!! What more could I ask for??!! :) (In honor of the first week of school, we have been provided with ORANGE 'Bronco Welcome' t-shirts.)



This week is going to be super busy starting at 7:30 tomorrow morning. I was hoping to get a copy of my schedule on here, but I couldn't get load up right. I am working a shift until 1 pm then I have class at 1:40. After class I am scheduled for ANOTHER shift from 3:15-7:30. Then I start at 7:30 again the following day with class until 9 at night after my shift. You see where I am going with this schedule? Nuts!! It is what I signed up for though-and the crazy schedule will only last a few weeks until things calm down.

Oh!! I almost forgot!! I have good news!! This particular job I have at the bookstore was only a temporary position, but I decided to take it. I was hoping it would maybe be something that developed into full-time after RUSH week was over-but the gentleman who interviewed me told me he couldn't promise anything. I took it anyway and I have really enjoyed it. ANyway...the man who hired me asked if he could talk to me after work on friday and...he offered me a permanent position once RUSH week was over!!! This really is an answer to prayers as I wasn't sure how things were going to pan out in the end-but I am again reminded how when we do our best, the Lord does the rest. No need to worry about how things will turn out if we but just trust in Him.

Something else I wanted to write about was the Twin Falls Temple dedication that happened tonight.
Our stake here in Boise was blessed with the opportunity to be a part of that. They made our stake center an extension of the temple and we were able to be a part of it via broadcast. It was really a unique opportunity, for which I am grateful. President Monson and President Eyring were there, along with Elder Cook of the 12 and Elder Costa of the Seventy. I left with a renewed appreciation for our temples and all that goes into building one, all the sacrifice. I feel I walked away with a better understanding of the word 'dedication' and the power that comes from that. I feel like we were a part of something great tonight-something greater than we will probably ever understand in this lifetime. For that I am grateful.

It is now very late and I must get to bed-I have an early day tomorrow. I will post more again soon-I hoped to write more about the dedication, but time has gotten away from me. I will try to add more soon.

3 Comments:

Blogger LStevens said...

Nettie,
Congrats on the job! I had a feeling if once they got to know you they might ask you to stay!! Hope your crazy schedule works out good for you. We start school on Sept 2nd. This week we will be camping from Thurs.-Sat or Monday. Before we start school. Jeff is off after today until end of Sept. from school. Love you.

Monday, August 25, 2008 10:04:00 AM  
Blogger Lori said...

Yeah Lynette!!!!!!!!!!!
I knew you would get the job!
You are marvelous. Good luck with school.
Love you forever Mom
I have to use Lori's signin as I can't remember mine!

Monday, August 25, 2008 10:07:00 AM  
Blogger Lori said...

Nettie,

Have I told you how much I love you? You are amazing! I'm so excited about your job!!! I knew they would love you and want to keep you--who wouldn't love you? Everytime I tell someone you know that I am your sister, the response is "Oh, I love Lynette!" No lie..EVERYTIME! And I say, "I love her to!" And I do. Good luck with this week. We are praying for you. So...Go Be Amazing!

Love, Lori

Tuesday, August 26, 2008 12:55:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home