Saturday, October 4, 2008

General Conference


Yes-it has been a week and a half since I have posted anything. I have been feeling that Satan had mounted a 'frontal assault' on me, as Elder Perry so eloquently put it. I haven't had very positive thoughts, so I decided I shouldn't write anything. I have been eagerly awaiting General Conference this weekend and had been praying for direction. The president of the Relief Society in our stake shared with us a few weeks ago that everytime she attended the temple, she had a question in her heart. I thought that was a great idea to ask the Lord specifically. The temple is a place you can go to reflect on what really matters in this life and receive direction on our part in it. I thought the same principle could apply to conference- it being a time of reflection and a time to receive personal direction concerning our existence. So I had a question for both sessions today. I even made it a matter of pray WHAT I should pray for, as I know my Father in Heaven knows best what I need at this time. I felt inspired with a certain question in the morning session and asked it in prayer and sat down to listen to the session. I was AMAZED at how much direction I received from each talk. I did the same thing for the afternoon session.
I was filled with every emotion as I listened. I was amazed how well Heavenly Father knows me and knew exactly what I needed; I felt tinges of guilt as I was reminded of things I need to be doing better; I was filled with love: the love my Heavenly Father has for me. All that I felt and learned is too lengthy, and some too sacred to share here. But I just wanted to make a brief post and tell all who feel that satan has 'mounted a full frontal assault' on them-know that you are not forgotten. God is ever mindful of ALL of His children, wherever we are. "The dial on the wheel of sorrow at one time or another points to us" (Elder Joseph B Wirthlin) at one time or another. I am grateful for this 'on the job' experiences, as Elder Wirthlin put it. How ever dark it may get, we are not left alone. Of that I am sure.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home