Sunday, November 9, 2008

The gratitude of my heart

I just arrived home from church a bit ago. Today has been a wonderful day full of reminders. Reminders of what REALLY matters in the eternal perspective.

I was reminded of how much our Father in Heaven loves each of us and knows us each personally. A friend of mine has been preparing to leave for a mission. http://www.mormon.org/mormonorg/eng/basic-beliefs/membership-in-christ-s-church/missionary-work Satan has, of course, been trying to put up obstacles to him leaving. He is very keen on our lives (satan) and when good things are happening, especially when one has made some major life changes. He will stop at nothing to drag us down. Something we need to remember in times like this: there are more that are with us than that are against us. (2 Kings 6:16) That is the beauty of being a follower of Jesus Christ: we have that special help and protection. I was reminded of that today.

I was also reminded of the sanctity of relationships, especially of family relationships. We discussed esson 20 of the Joseph Smith manual today in Relief Society. http://www.lds.org/pa/display/0,17884,4644-1,00.html This chapter contains letters that the Prophet Joseph wrote to his wife and family at different times in his life. We discussed what we could learn of how we should treat our families from the way he treated his family. There are some very touching words that were used to express his love for his family, yet he struggled at times to find the words. I can relate to that, the struggle from time to time to find words to express what I feel so deeply in my heart. "Tongue cannot express the gratitude of my heart..." are the words he used. I feel that many times, like today and how the Lord has blessed and continues to bless my life.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I just taught that lesson today. I love that lesson. Makes what I'm going through seem like nothing. We focused on what is a friend, how the Lord is a friend to us, and how we can be a better friend, like Christ, to our family. Joseph Smith used the term friend about Emma and being a friend of God throughout the lesson. It was amazing to hear people's examples.

Sunday, November 16, 2008 9:25:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home