Sunday, November 16, 2008

Because of the Holy Ghost

I was able to go and attend two missionary farewells today of friends here in the Boise area. One was in Emmett, Idaho, the other on Horseshoe Bend. (Boise is off the map in the direction of 'eagle' down at the bottom.)
They are both really cute little towns. I will post more information about them at a later date, some interesting facts about these towns. :)

It's late and I need to get to bed, but I wanted to post something before I do. There was a lady who spoke with my friend who is leaving this week. what she had to share really stuck with me. She shared her converstion story and how she found the church at age 24. She then proceeded to read this letter from a man who is a member of the church and has been all his life. In this letter, he was expressing his concerns that he was 99.9% sure that the church was mythical and that he didn't have a testimony of the gospel truths. He expressed in this letter the fear in telling his family how he feels. This sister proceeded to share how she knew that the church is true. She used the phrase, "Because of the Holy Ghost". "Because of the Holy Ghost, I know that the gospel is true." "Because of the Holy Ghost..." She continued to use that phrase to tell of how she knows what she does. I was overcome with feelings of the importance of what she was saying-to give heed. It is the Holy Ghost, and ONLY the Holy Ghost that can teach us the truth of ALL things. (2 Nephi 32:5) It reminds me of the account in the Book of Mormon with Nephi and Laman and Lemuel. I always wondered how it is that all these brothers having the same experiences could come away with such different feelings about them? How Laman and Lemuel after having been visited by an angel (along with Nephi and others), could continue on murmuring.

How blessed we are to have such a gift. I was grateful for the reminder today of these truths.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home